Thursday, July 21, 2011

Book: How to get out of your own way by tyrese gibson

This is the first entry into my new blog which will simple talk about book. This blog will also help me to keep track of the many different books that I read on a daily basis.  I sincerely hope it inspired other people to read on a regular and more frequent basis.


The other day, I started to read the book titled, "How To Get Out of Your Own Way".  my neighbor initially told me about this books.

I went to the book store and purchased this book.

This book is an easy read.  It reminds me of the importance of pressing ahead when the odds are truly against you. 

Tyrese provides very good insights and details into what life is like growing up as a poor, African American male in Watts.

He has been able to overcome a great deal.  It is refreshing to read about his humble beginning.  His career or public debut started with a talent show within his community. Since he talks a great deal of his community, it should remind all of us the importance of community. It is within a community of people that inidividuals learn some very important lessons.  I am happy that adults within his community cared enough about him and others within his neighborhood to start a talent show.

By Tyrese sharing his story, I sincerely hope that it encourages many young people to pursue their dreams no matter the obstacles that may be standing in their way.  At the same time, I am also thankful for the fact that Tyrese also explores the notion of the power of mentors in making a big difference in his life.

What is the value of mentors?  I could really relate to the importance of having mentors because mentors can provide a great deal of guidance and support. Many young people today think it is enough just to have an education.  All of us need regardless of age need to have mentors in our life so that we do not continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. 

Tyrese's book also gives hope to me and I hope to others.  It is important to have faith and hope so that in the midst of difficult times and difficult situations all of us learn the importance of continuing to press on even when it does not appear possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment